Erwin von Grüner (1925-2001) is one of the most famous German luthiers! He was born in Teplitz. His father was an instrument maker and he also had its own musical instruments store. In 1951 his family moved to Franconia where Erwin von Grüner started to work in a musical instrument factory which was owned by Fred A. Wilfers. The factory was specialized in the construction of violins. Soon after, in 1954, he opened his own workshop in Baierdorf and specialized in building guitars.
The top of this guitar is made of cedar, the back and double sides are made of Rosewood. This guitar is in a good condition and has only slight signs of playing.